Saturday, April 16, 2011

Home Sweet Home

We have been home now for 3 days and while Matt is still very tired he is able to do small chores around the house. He usually feels the best in the morning and so tries to do some things then. He has a little nausea but not too bad. He is going to try going to work next week. He may not be able to stay for the entire day, but hopefully he will be able to accomplish some things and feel as if he is doing something productive.

I have been playing catch up with bills, grocery shopping, house cleaning, laundry, and thank you notes. Even though I have been busy it has been so great to be around my children.

The children are doing ok, some better than others. We are trying to work through their fears and concerns. I have decided that each time we go to the hospital we will take one of our children with us so they can be involved in Matt's treatment and also to visit with the counselor that is available for us there. I think having some one on one time with their mom and dad for 3 days will be good for each of them. I want them to know what happens at the hospital and see that while their dad may get sick from the medicine it is not a scary place. I want them also to see how well their dad is taken care of when he is away from home.

I noticed the other day that I no longer have knots in my stomach and I am again able to sleep through the night. I feel peaceful............I really believe it is from all of the prayers that each of you have said on our behalf. I can literally feel your prayers. So please keep them coming! We love you all so much!

Niki

No comments:

Post a Comment