Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy News! - One of "Those" Days - "Righteous in the Dark"

I will start with the Happy News! Our son Logan who has been on a 2 year mission in Romania for our church is coming home NEXT WEEK!!! His mission president released him a transfer or 6 weeks early. Logan will still be considered as serving his full mission. This is the best news ever! He flies in on Wed. April 27th and his homecoming address in church will be May 8th.

Now for One of "Those"Days:
Bethany and I drove over to Mesa, a 3 hour drive, so she could go to see the dermatologist and gynecologist. We arrived about 45 minutes before our first appointment and decided to go to Subway for lunch.

After ordering our lunch I went out to get something from the car and discovered a flat tire. I immediately called Matt and then called for Roadside Assistance. They told me that it would be over an hour before they would be able to come and change the tire for me. I was so upset since we had driven so far and now we were going to miss both appointments which were one right after the other.

Right in the middle of all of this I got a phone call from an old friend and colleague of Matts. Someone whom Matt has been thinking about a lot and regretting that their relationship had ended on a sour note. His call was such a blessing, and as he spoke with kindness and genuine concern for Matt, the dam that has been holding back my tears for several weeks now, came tumbling down.

I passed on Matt's phone number and hung up as quickly as possible as the tears and sobs came rushing out. I am sure everyone in Subway thought I was totally nuts! Once I began to cry I couldn't stop. Each time I thought I was getting myself back together I would think about how that phone call was such a blessing since during times like these you don't want to have any regrets or fractured relationships. I also thought about things like who I would call when stupid little things like a flat tire happen, if something happens to Matt. He is always the first person I call in mini crisis's like these because he has always been my Knight in Shining Armor! This would again start the tears and I just couldn't pull myself together.

I ended up calling my oldest daughter who lives in Tempe to come and help us out. Bethany was able to make one of the appointments and I was able to get the tire fixed. My eyes are burning tonight, but I think that in the long run this good cry was probably just what I needed!

"Righteous in the Dark":
Several years ago when a friend of mine was diagnosed with a serious health condition she said she sat in the tub one night and cried and cried but kept telling herself that she could be "righteous in the dark." It was a quote from a church book that she had read somewhere and that quote has always stuck with me. I know that my Heavenly Father expects me to be righteous even though it is dark right now and I don't understand why this is happening to us. I want to be, and am trying very hard to be, righteous in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment