Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Enjoyable Weekend Before the Big Day

Today is Saturday and my sister Laurie brought our children to see us. What better medicine than to have your family around you! We gave the children the grand tour of the cancer center and as I was showing them around I was again reminded of the peaceful atmosphere here. I am so thankful each day that we found this center. Everyone we talk to acts as if they care about Matt's cancer as much as I do. I have found peace in this storm and that means a lot!


Today I was able to get out and do some shopping....as Brittani calls it.....retail therapy! :) Tonight we will have a big barbecue at Matt's brothers house with extended family. Tomorrow we will go to church all together and be reminded of our Savior and his love for us.


Yesterday Matt had the port put into his upper chest. This is where the chemo medicine will go in and where all other blood work will be done so they don't have to stick Matt with needles anymore. He is trying to adjust to the feeling of something foreign just under his skin.


Monday we begin chemo at 9:00 am. We are both very nervous about how Matt will react to it. There are so many side effects. Keep up your prayers for us.....we can feel their power!

4 comments:

  1. Niki, You are doing a wonderful job and getting fresh air in the retail therapy it,s good for your spirits. Attended the temple this morning and put Matt's name in.... there were so many people there, session overflowing so lots of prayers on your behalf. Remember to take deep breaths occasionally, don't forget to breath. All our love and prayers. Dalene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since learning of this trial your family is going though, my family has not ceased praying for you. Thank you for each post made. You allow all of us to stand by you, even across oceans. May each of you continue to find the peace and comfort and strength needed to endure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We took dinner over to the kids tonight and they were out in the cul-de-sac having a water fight. :) Awesome to see how resilient kids are in times of trial. You guys are in our prayers, please give Matt big hugs from us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thankful that Matt is at CTCA! They will give him the best care ever. I am thankful that I found the CTCA in 2009 when I was battling breast cancer. I am praying for Matt that the chemo therapy will work and he will not get sick:) Stay strong:)
    Shanna Masten:)

    ReplyDelete