Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ups and Downs

Last night found me on my knees praying fervently for some peace and comfort. It is strange how one day I am fine and the next I am crying. Today I am back to feeling good again. We just take one day at a time. I have been reading posts on a colon club forum and it helps so much to read about others who are going through the very same challenges. It is nice to hear positive stories and look up answers to the many questions we have. I just posted myself asking others to share their experiences of "chemo for life". While I am getting more used to the idea it still haunts me.

Matt has developed another symptom that is really driving him crazy. He has a constant stuffed or runny nose which then gives him a cough that is annoying as well as keeping us both up at night. Not a major side effect but it makes it hard for him to work when he is already super tired and weak and then he doesn't get a good nights sleep. We are looking into ways to help him with this.

We go next week to the cancer center again. This will be round 7!!

Many of our friends ask us what they can do to help besides keeping Matt in their prayers. I have been thinking about it and thought that what would really be helpful is whenever anyone has any extra fresh fruits or vegies they could share them with us. Matt is supposed to eat A LOT of these and I make grocery runs about every three days. If any of you have a garden or a fruit tree with lots to spare, we would love to have some.

Thank you all again so much for your love and concern!

Niki

No comments:

Post a Comment