Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Matt's Journey Has Come to an End


I have a very heavy heart as I write this post.  My dear husband, the love of my life for the past 29 years, passed away last evening June 17, with all of our 8 children and myself circled around his bed.  I still can't quite believe he is gone.  It was so quick, something I am so grateful for, but still hard to accept. 

Thank you all so much for your sweet messages of love and comfort. Matt's funeral will be Saturday June 29, 2013 at 10:00 am. It will be held at the Thatcher, AZ LDS Stake Center, 4050 W 2nd St, Thatcher, AZ. The viewing will be Friday night from 7 - 9 pm at the same building and then again Saturday morning from 9 - 9:45 am.


I wanted to post some pictures from the incredible video that Tom has made and Matt was able to see before he passed.  As you can see Matt loved to goof off and have fun.  That is how I will always remember him!

You can view the obituary here:http://caldwellfuneralchapel.com/sitemaker/sites/McDoug1/obit.cgi?user=1015863Clonts





Matt is the cutie on the left in the red sweat shirt                                             























2 comments:

  1. I do no know you, as I used to live in Verona I came across this blog through FB. I do not think we ever met. It is a great blog, although sad. I think that it shows all your love for him, I am sure he is very proud of you. God Bless you all, Roberto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nikki & family, I'm so sorry for your loss. My memories of Matt are from high school, he was such a happy, funny guy! I'll be praying that you are able to feel the comforting arms of the Savior holding you up through this difficult time. Love, Denise Clement

    ReplyDelete