Sunday, July 14, 2013

A New Normal - Will It Ever Be Normal Again?

THE INSIDE OF THE PROGRAM 





FRONT PAGE OF PROGRAM
BACK OF THE PROGAM
BACK OF THE PROGRAM

Matt's funeral was so beautiful!  Everything went just right and I know Matt loved it.  He had asked that the children and I all speak which I thought would be an impossible task, but instead it was perfect and we all made it through without collapsing.  :)

There are so many people to thank for how well the day went and I am trying hard to get thank you cards written and sent.

Life without Matt has been very difficult and I expect it will get worse before it gets better.  Some days are ok and we can go the entire day without crying, but then other days it just hits you and there is no stopping the tears and the pain that is literally physical pain as if someone has kicked you in the stomach.  I don't have the words to describe just how painful and scary it is to be left behind in this world without Matt.  But with an amazing family and lots of friends we are moving forward.

The songs in the program have a lot of meaning for us so I will post links to watch them on youtube.com.  Each song was chosen by Matt.

If You Could See Me Now by Don Moen (Matt heard this song at a friends funeral who also passed away from colon cancer and he wanted it sung at his funeral by Wes Wright)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QICc9bCRbTM&list=RD33IBaSLH_3sAw

Heart of Life by John Mayer (Because the Heart of Our Life was VERY GOOD!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS8NvoMudy8

Love Remains by Collin Raye (A beautiful song - LOVE REMAINS with us forever!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx-UP1Pa-Ao


3 comments:

  1. It truly was a wonderful funeral...and I don't think thats a word normally used to describe a funeral! When you and the kids were up speaking, I couldn't help but KNOW that Matt was beside you. I've always known how strong you were Niki, but that day, there were angels surrounding you.. You continue to be an incredible example of grace. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The program is beautiful! I love the pictures. You are amazing, Niki. We pray for you and your family as you adjust to the new normal and I know that Matt is watching over you all. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful program Niki, I wish we could have attended the funeral. I know that Matt will continue to be with you. People say they find pennies from heaven from their deceased loved ones. I don't know about that, but I know my Dad, who passed away almost 4 years ago, has sent me flowers on the Christmas cactus he gave me when it shouldn't have been in bloom. Matt will find his own way to share his love and comfort with you in the coming years. He will always be watching over you and your sweet family. Love and continued prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete