Monday, November 7, 2011

Looking Like it Will Be A Good Week!

We are back at the hospital and so far it has been a good day. We found out last week that our oncologist had left for a more prestigious job and so we had to choose another dr here. We met him this morning and we really like him. It is nice to have a new set of eyes looking at Matt's information. Specifically I liked that he kept mentioning over and over that Matt is young and needs to have a good quality of life where he can work. He wants to do everything in his power to get Matt on a good chemo cocktail that will help us to achieve this goal. He does things differently than our old oncologist and has some differing opinions about the path to take, but maybe that is a good thing. Anyways, I felt really good as we were talking to him!

Another positive is that Matt's tumor markers went down from 9.5 to 5.5! Although the oncologist said both numbers are in the normal range and are not really reliable since he had tumor growth, I still like to see them go down!!

We are excited to be going to Disneyland in the middle of December. All of our children will be coming and this is a much needed vacation! Look out Mickey.....here we come!!!!

This past weekend I was able to attend a wonderful Women's conference with my mom, sisters, and daughters. I was really lifted up as many of the speakers spoke about trials and adversity. Hilary Weeks sang and spoke and she has a new song out that is on you tube. I am posting the link here because I loved it so much. It is called "Beautiful Heartbreak." It is all about taking your heartbreak and making it beautiful by learning and growing from the trials that are placed in our lives. I can't say that I am there yet.....maybe because there is still so much I need to learn from this trial, but I am working on it.....grudgingly....but still trying! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyX-I-um5Kk (you might have to copy and paste it into your url.)

Have a wonderful week! We will be here until late Wednesday and then we will be back the week of Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment